College of Arts and Media (CAM)…
- Where critical thinking meets creative imagination. We make artists, media creators, critical thinkers, and socially engaged members of a vibrant global community.
- We are committed to educating a diverse community of students, across platforms in both the foundational theories and the hands-on professional mastery of their fields.
- We provide the knowledge, tools, and opportunities for successful professional careers and citizenship.
- We are home to nationally and internationally acclaimed scholars, artists and industry professionals supported by a dedicated staff for student success in and out of the classroom.
Be a Part of this.
CAM Highlights…opportunities and outlets…
- WSIU Public Broadcasting - Radio & Television
- Emerging Media Studio – for integrated media technology, exploring the creative use of Artificial Intelligence.
- The Daily Egyptian - Award Winning student-led newspaper. One of the premier college newspapers in the country, Established in 1888.
- AdLab – Student Run Advertising Laboratory.
- The McLeod Theater. The McLeod Theater, along with the Christian Moe Laboratory Theater, hold the mainstage productions of the School of Theater and Dance.
- The Mcleod Summer Playhouse. Southern Illinois’ professional Summer Stock theater
- Shryock Auditorium – 1,200-seater state of the art Performance space
- The Southern Illinois Music Festival - featured in Symphony magazine, the premiere publication for American orchestras
- Outside The Box Music Festival - Now in its sixteenth year, composers and performers of international acclaim join forces with members of the SIU School of Music performance faculty to create an atmosphere of exciting, engaging, contemporary concert music.
- The International Guitar Festival. A festival that presents the classical guitar in various musical languages and settings, for professional musicians, aspiring guitar students, weekend warriors and anybody that simply enjoys good guitar music.
- The annual Big Muddy Film Festival – one of the longest running student organized film festivals in the world, started in 1979.
- S.A.M. Lab is the School of Art and Design's Subtractive and Additive Maker Laboratory
CAM is home to six schools including Architecture, Art and Design, Journalism, Media Arts, Music, and Theater & Dance. There are various academic programs in each school.
Make a Gift
We appreciate the continued support of our alumni and friends. Your gifts have enabled us to educate and mentor students who will become the our creative leaders of the future.
College of Arts and Media CAMtastic Newsletter highlights interesting people and events throughout the college! Please take a look and learn how many great things CAM people are involved with!
We inspire new generations of gifted artists and designers, as well as curious scholars and storytellers, forged in an environment of vision, depth, knowledge, praxis, and courage. Our alumni realize they can make a difference for our diverse student community. Wherever you go, there’s a Saluki near you!